Eli-Mae's notes

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Horror glimpsed from inside a Humvee - washingtonpost.com Highlights - MSNBC.com

Horror glimpsed from inside a Humvee - washingtonpost.com Highlights - MSNBC.com
I can't tell you how many times I have shed tears since the begining of this stupid war. I cried first when I first heard the rattle of the saber. Even though our government was threatening war I knew it was certain because our entire government is made up of stupid arrogant fucks. So realizing that I could do nothing, I cried.
I cried when I heard that my cousin was going. She's more like a sister than a cousin. She's National Guard. A medic. So far the 278th has lost 2 people. So far my cousin has been safe. For how long?
I cried when my friend, Sgt Sexy (nickname from his talents with the ladies) was shipped out. He's also National Guard. He's in an engineering division. So far so good, but for how long? A convoy that he was in was hit with an IED. Nobody was hurt.
I worry every day about both of them. I have a map of Iraq on my office wall and every time I hear of an incident I check it to see if it might be someone I know. I send out e-mails, "Are you alright, do you need anything, take care, love ya." Any response at all is like manna from heaven.

So we have to ask ourselves do we really give a shit if the Iraqees become Democratic? How many lives is that worth? How many Iraqi lives have already been spent?

From a politics and nation building point of view, I can see it. That stupid asshole George W was right when he thought he could bring democracy to the middle east, 'cause it is happening. I could give a flyin rat fuck though. Excuse the fuck out of me for not being on the yay America wagon. I couldn't care less about the middle east right now. If they want some democracy (which they don't, obviously) then they can do it, and we can build up our own nation. If we want to defeat terrorism, then lets make it impossible.

ok i'm done totally spent need cigarette. Thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home