Eli-Mae's notes

Monday, April 11, 2005

Driving Therapy

Shit or get off the pot?
I'm getting on my own nerves these days. The best antidote that I have found is to take a long drive straight into the middle of nowhere. Once I reach some type of feeling that I have reached a destination I get out and have a look around. Sunday I went to a part of Kentucky that you can't reach from Kentucky. It was one hell of a drive. I skirted Reelfoot Lake by the waterfowl refuges, drove over the New Madrid fault, and past several Civil War plaques and memorials. I found myself to be in the boonies, and at times I was the only car on the road. I arrived at a crossroad one road was gravel the other a dead end. Against common sense I took the gravel first. I'm glad I did because it was the best part of drive (except for the massive potholes that jerked the truck around). The gravel road ended at a T which my truck couldn't take. I turned around and took the dead end road which ended up at a scenic farm with a no tresspassing sign. I guess every square inch of the area I was driving in was somebody's property. It's too bad. Stingy bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home